Teach English at a University in China
University Teaching Program
Teach English at a University in China. The ISAC University Teaching Program (ISAC-UTP) offers a life-changing experience for teachers. You will have the opportunity to work at a Chinese public university while experiencing Chinese culture in a way that can never be done as a tourist or traveller. Teachers are appointed as foreign language experts in different host universities. You will be teaching your mother language to university students from different colleges between 18-23.
Currently we are seeking teachers for the Fall Term starting in Sept. 2019.
Application open until Jul. 31st, 2019
University Teaching Program job detail
- Teach English Speaking, Comprehensive English, Business English, etc.
- The teaching focuses on the relevant courses to a group of approximately 30-40 students for each class;
- assess students’ performance including papers, tests and exams.
- There are no or few office hours; you can manage your time by yourself
- Chinese university job has a lot of freedom
- The workload are from 12 to 16 hours per week
- plus an additional 1-2 hours of quiz session
- Approximately 7,500 – 11,000 per month
- Higher salary given to more experienced teachers with Master’s/phD degree
- One year contract
- Fully paid winter vacation for 1 month
- Paid summer vacation (only with some universities)
- Round-trip international flight tickets
- 2000-2500 RMB travel allowance
- Free private accomodation and canteen meals
- Work at a renowned university in China
- A great experience that adds to your C.V.
- The experience in the program will help you find your career at a top university in China (e.g. Fudan University)
University Teaching Job requirement
You can only teach the language of your home country;
Less than 60 years old due to the visa regulation of P.R.C
Minimum of two years teaching experience or with a master’s degree
Bachelor degree or above
Higher degree holder will enjoy higher salary
Teaching certificate including TEFL/TESOL/CELTA
*Note that some universities may take applicants without teaching experience or over 60 years; most of those positions are in smaller cities or provinces;
Please double check with our program coordinator for each requirement