University Teaching Program (ISAC-UTP)

About the Program

The ISAC University Teaching Program (ISAC-UTP), in cooperation with over 40 universities in China, offers a life-changing experience for internationals to teach in a Chinese university and work in China’s higher education sector. Teachers are appointed as foreign language experts to different universities based on your qualification and preference. You will be teaching your mother language to university students between 18-23.

The experience and career elevation you will have as a university teacher is enormous. Although the salary is much less than that in a western country, the light workload and freedom to plan your time contribute to the overal university teaching experience in China. Plus the hourly pay is higher than elementary and high schools due to the low working hours; it is also quite something to add on your C.V. for personal career development.

Currently we are seeking teachers for the Fall Term starting in Sept. 2019.
Application open until Jul. 31st, 2019

job detail

Job Description

  • Teach English Speaking, Comprehensive English, Business English, etc.
  • The teaching focuses on the relevant courses to a group of approximately 30-40 students for each class;
  • assess students’ performance including papers, tests and exams.

Working Hours

  • There are no or few office hours; you can manage your time by yourself
  • Chinese university job has a lot of freedom
  • The workload are from 12 to 16 hours per week
  • plus an additional 1-2 hours of quiz session

Salary Package

  • 8,000 – 12,000 per month
  • Higher salary given to more experienced teachers with higher degree

Contract Length

  • One year contract
  • Fully paid winter vacation for 1 month
  • Paid summer vacation (with some universities)


  • Round-trip international flight tickets
  • 2000-3000 RMB travel allowance
  • Free private accomodation and canteen meals

Career Advancement

  • Work at a renowned university in China
  • A great experience that adds to your C.V.
  • The experience in the program will help you find your career at a top university in China (e.g. Fudan University)


Native Speaker

You can only teach the language of your home country;

Age Requirement

Less than 60 years old due to the visa regulation of P.R.C

Teaching Experience

Minimum of two years teaching experience or with a master’s degree


Bachelor degree or above
Higher degree holder will enjoy higher salary

Teaching Certificate

Teaching certificate including TEFL/TESOL/CELTA

*Note that some universities may take applicants without teaching experience or over 60 years; most of those positions are in smaller cities or provinces;
Please double check with our program coordinator for each requirement

Host University

Take a Closer Look

Job Vacancy

Winter & Fall intake 2019