School of Foreign Languages
The School of Foreign Languages of Nanchang University was established in 1998. There are 200 faculty members, including 10 professors, 58 associate professors, 28 doctoral degree holders, 126 master’s degree holders, 17 master’s tutors, 3 foreign visiting professors, and 13 foreign teachers in English, Japanese, German, French, Spanish and Russian.
The school has seven undergraduate majors in English, Translation, Japanese, German, French, Spanish and Russian. At present, there are 1,236 full-time students in the school, including 1144 undergraduates and 92 postgraduates.
The school has complete teaching and research facilities and has domestic first-class language experiment facilities. The Language Experiment Center has 6 independent foreign language learning rooms with a total of 514 computers. The school has 4 English radio stations, 1 professional library and literature room, 37,445 books in the data room, and 71 Chinese and foreign academic journals.
The Ministry of Education Examination Center Business English Test, TOEFL iBT, GRE test, IELTS test, Japanese language proficiency test, Korean language proficiency test, Nanchang University test center, etc. are located in the School of Foreign Languages.
The school is committed to enhancing international exchanges and cooperation, and has established cooperative and exchange relations with universities in Japan, France, Germany, Spain, Russia, etc. Each year, students are selected to study abroad, conduct internships and practical activities, and the process of internationalization of education is further accelerated.
International Exchange College
The International Exchange College is a department of Nanchang University. So far, 2,459 students from 120 countries and regions have come to the college to study. It has cooperated with high-level institutions in the United States, Britain, France, Canada, Australia, Russia, Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macao and other countries and regions to carry out joint training, student exchange, and overseas classrooms. They are the Confucius Institute at the University of Poitiers in France, the Confucius Institute at Hashan Nudin University in Indonesia, the Confucius Institute at the University of Castilla-La Mancha in Spain, the Confucius Classroom at the Kailan High School in France and the Confucius Class at the Adila Islamic School in Indonesia.
The college strives to develop the education of international students in our school, actively carry out international cooperation and exchanges, run overseas Confucius Institutes, promote Chinese teaching, spread Chinese excellent culture, and make positive contributions to strengthening the school’s international atmosphere and implementing the school’s internationalization strategy.
Job Description – Nanchang University ESL Jobs
1. Full-time English teachers of spoken English, written English, and English speech or debate for undergraduate English majors and for postgraduate non-English majors at the Nanchang University School of Foreign Languages and the International Exchange College.
2. Monthly payment: RMB 8,000-9,500 before tax, depending on work experience and qualifications
3. Airfare reimbursement: RMB 14,000 per school year
4. RMB 600 per month for electricity
5. RMB 3,000 per school year for vacation expense
6. Free apartment with furniture
7. Medical insurance covering the whole contract period
8. Workload not exceed 16 classes of 45 minutes a week. Any extra work exceeding the workload will be paid RMB200 per class.
Job Qualification – Nanchang University ESL Jobs
1. English Native Speaker
2. Bachelor-degree or above. Preference given to those with honor degree from a top university
3. At least two-year language teaching experience required. Prefer applicants who hold a bachelor degree (or above) of education, language or teaching, home country teaching certificate, and international language teaching certificate.
4. In good health, aged 22-59
5. Clean criminal background
Application – Nanchang University ESL Jobs
*To apply for this position fill out application form and put Nanchang University or University Program as your preferred school/program. Please read the Application Procedure page for step by step process.