Hainan University ESL Jobs
Hainan University ESL Jobs
Introduction to College of Foreign Languages at Hainan University
College of Foreign Languages of Hainan University
The School of Foreign Languages of Hainan University was established in June 2004. The college has four undergraduate majors in English, Business English, Japanese, and Russian. It has a master’s degree in English language and literature and a master’s degree in translation master’s degree.
The college has 183 faculty members, including 155 full-time teachers, 64 senior professional teachers, and 23 doctoral teachers. The college currently has 2,134 students. The college also undertakes the foreign language teaching tasks of nearly 13,000 first-year and second-year undergraduates, 800 master students and doctoral students.
The college has a total of academic and professional master’s degree programs, including English language literature and translation master’s degree. English language literature includes both language and literature. The master’s degree in translation includes English interpreting, English translation and Japanese translation.
The college opened the academic salon “Nanming Altar” to enhance the scientific research atmosphere, promote academic exchanges, and effectively improve the scientific research level of teachers. In the past five years, the college has won 8 national-level projects, 35 provincial-level projects, and 3 international cooperation projects; teachers have published CSSCI, SSCI, and 94 core journal articles; and published more than 60 books (collective, edited, translated, and textbooks); He won one second prize of Hainan Provincial Social Science Outstanding Achievements and four third prizes. The foreign language and literature subject has entered the top 50% of the “2018 Soft Science China Best Subject Ranking” recently released.
The activities of the college include: National College English Speech Contest, English Interpretation Competition, National English Interpretation Competition, Shakespeare Theatre Festival, Foreign Language Drama Competition, Japanese Culture Festival, Russian Night, etc.
The college organizes students to participate in the Bocai Asia Forum, the Hainan Island International Road Cycling Competition and other activities, providing translators and volunteers for various international events and provincial and school-level foreign affairs activities, and serving Hainan’s economic and social development. In the past three years, the employment rate of students was 90.0%, 93.2%, and 95.1%, respectively. The rate of postgraduate entrance examinations was 21.73%, 21.9%, and 17.45%. Many students were admitted to the University of Tokyo, Moscow University, Peking University, Shanghai International Studies University, etc. Colleges and universities.
Foreign Teacher Recruitment Notice
English Department, College of Foreign Languages at Hainan University (Haikou, China) is looking for several EFL teachers, responsible for English Writing, English Viewing Listening and Speaking, as well as Spoken English and other relevant courses to undergraduate students of English majors.
Requirements for applicants
(1) Native English speakers from USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand.
(2) With at least a master’s degree majoring in liberal arts or other relevant disciplines.
(3) Additionally with a TESL or TEFL or TESOL certificate or English teaching experiences in colleges and universities.
(4) Devotion to teaching: patient, responsible and enthusiastic;
(5) Age: between 30-60 years old
(1) Salary: The monthly salary of linguistic foreign cultural and educational experts is 8,500 yuan (RMB)/month for a doctor and 8,300 yuan (RMB)/month for a master.
(2) Free boarding of the apartment with two bedrooms, one living room, a separate kitchen and toilet along with all the necessary electrical appliances and furniture.
(3) International travel fares: Once each year.
(1) 12-16 hours per week, i.e. 12-16 periods (45 minutes/period) per week.
(2) Extra hours of voluntary work every semester, such as coaching and tutoring contestants and/or serving as a judge in English-related contests, lecturing, audio recording for non-commercial purposes, etc. with additional allowance.
If you are interested in this position, please send the following to Mr. Yong Wang (firstname.lastname@example.org)at Foreign Languages College, Hainan University:
(1) A scanned copy of the first page of your passport.
(2) CV with your full name, birth date, country of residence, E-mail address, home address and phone number as well as a description of your academic history and teaching experience.
(3) Scanned copies of your highest degree certificate and other teaching certificates such as EFL, TEFL etc., if any.
Once decided, English Department at College of Foreign Languages will inform the university office (Division of International Exchange and Cooperation at Hainan University) of your contract procedures.
Office of Foreign Affairs
Hainan University, Haikou, 570228, Hainan Province, P. R. China
Procedures for Employment
1. Linguistic foreign cultural and educational experts shall be selected by the employer according to the teaching requirements. The Approval Form for Hiring Long-term Foreign Cultural and Educational Experts of Hainan University shall be filled in and be submitted to the university for examination and approval after being reviewed by the International Cooperation and Exchange Department.
2. The employer shall submit the application materials for employing foreign cultural and educational experts to the International Cooperation and Exchange Department three months before the foreign cultural and educational experts plan to come to China, including the employment contract, personal resume of the personnel to be employed, photocopy of passport, medical examination certificate (issued within 6 months), no criminal record (including the certification of Chinese embassies and consulates abroad or the certification of foreign embassies and consulates in China), highest academic degree certificate (including the certification of Chinese embassies and consulates abroad and the certification of Chinese notary agencies), work qualification certificate and other materials required by the Bureau of Foreign Experts Affairs.
3. The employer shall introduce the school situation to foreign cultural and educational experts, and clarify the work tasks, work objectives, living conditions and working conditions, etc. The International Cooperation and Exchange Department is responsible for assisting the employer to handle the employment procedures of foreign cultural and educational experts.
Hainan University ESL Jobs
1. For most recent job openings at Hainan University, please follow Hainan U Talent Recruit.
2. For other job openings, please follow ISAC Job Board.
3. For work visa, follow Work Visa Application process.