The Importance of the Z Visa

After receiving a successful placement, ISAC and your placement school will be assisting you to apply for a work visa(type Z visa). Please ensure that you are in possession of the Z visa prior to arriving in China. You cannot work in China without the Z visa.

ISAC and your placement school will apply for a NOTIFICATION LETTER OF FOREIGNER'S WORK PERMIT (How to apply) for you. You will need to print it out, take it along with your passport.


Visa Requirments

  • Age – 24-62
  • Valid passport – with at least 6 months duration after the applicant’s intended entry date;
  • Education – Bachelor Degree and above (require Native English speaking countries’ BA for English teaching positions);
  • Nationality – Native or Non native English Speakers (must have Native English speaking countries’ BA to apply for English teaching positions);
  • Criminal background – no criminal record
  • TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate OR teaching experience for two years or more OR have a bachlor’s degree in Education or Luange Studies


Work Visa Application Steps:

1. Scan and send the digital copies of all your required documents to to apply for a work permit.

2. You will receive a digital version of your work permit after about 10-15 working days

3. Print your work permit, submit it along with your Passport, Application Form and Photo to the Chinese Embassy / Consulate. It takes about 3-5 working days to get your working visa.


Application Forms:


Chinese Authentication Application Form Chinese Visa Application Form
You need to get the following documents authenticated:

1, Degree
2, Criminal Record Check
3, TEFL/TESOL/Celta Certificate (if applicable)

After you get your Work Permit, you need to fill out this form to get a Z visa