Introduction to Gannan Normal University
Founded in 1958, Gannan Normal University (website) opened its doors as a small teachers’ college.Today, the University has grown into a public comprehensive institution with a proud history and an eye on the future.
Maintaining a tradition of success in teachers’ education and covering 10 disciplines including Law, Economics, History, Literature, Science, Engineering, Education, Management, Arts and Agriculture, the University offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in 157 programs through 19 degree-granting schools.It has a diverse student body of 18,800 students representing 13 foreign countries and 29 regions of China, and 1100 teaching professionals.
With an “Excellence” grading by the Ministry of Education in 2007, the university aspires to be a comprehensive normal university being the leader of the region, ranking among the first in the province and being well-known among its cousins in China.
Gannan Normal University is proud to welcome students from all over the world and provides services to enhance their experience living and studying in the city of Ganzhou.Our community of students from Italy, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Serbia, Mongolia, Korea, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Madagascar, Sierra Leone and etc.comprises a rich mix of cultures and ethnicities.
We offer a wide range of innovative and flexible programs including: One-year Exchange Student Program, Short-term Language Learning Program, Short-term Culture Experiencing Program, Chinese Language Preparatory Program, Undergraduate Program, Postgraduate Program and etc. And the university offers a diverse range of scholarships for which the international students can apply: the CSC (China Scholarship Council) Scholarship, the Confucius Institute Scholarship, the Provincial Government Scholarship, Full Fees Scholarship and Half Fees Scholarship.
Not only do we offer high quality teaching through different courses but we organize a diversity of cultural activities to help the international students and teachers engage with the campus and local community.
Gannan Normal University Campus
Ganzhou (Panorama) is a beautiful, laid back country city in southern Jiangxi. It is a great place to experience the real China, the people are friendly, and the food is spicy.
Located in the south of Jiangxi province, the city of Ganzhou enjoys a number of reputations such as “the Cradle of the Hakka”，”the Kingdom of Rare Earths”. It is a place with:
- a population of nearly 10 million
- a moderate climate, rich resources and favorable natural conditions
- a convenient transportation network of airlines, railways and highways
- numerous historical sites and relics of the Song Dynasty (over 1000 years ago)
- diverse cultures such as “the Songcheng Culture featuring ancient walls, pontoon, towers, lanes and etc.
- bearing a history of over 1000 years, ‘the Red Culture’ represented by the the Cradle of the PRCH and the Hakka Culture characterized by its unique language, music, dance, architecture, customs and etc. Embraced by rivers and mountains, the downtown with a population of over 1.4 million is a modern and garden-like place with many well-preserved historical relics.
University Teaching Program