The below eligibility criteria are for the 2023-2024 ISAC Teach in China Program. The criteria are in line with the updated work visa policy for Foreign Language Teachers approved by the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs (SAFEA).
1. Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
2. Be under 60 year-old
3. Be a native speaker* of the language you want to teach.
Please make sure you have at least one of the following:
1. A TEFL/TESOL/CELTA or a language teaching certificate of your mother tongue
2. A teaching license/certificate of your home country showing that you are a certified teacher
3. Formal teaching experience for two years or more
4. A degree related to Linguistics, Language Studies or Education
*Note: In the case of English-speaking countries (United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Ireland, South Africa, Singapore, Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago, etc.) the designated language is English, for France it is French, for Germany it is German, for China it is Chinese, for Japan it is Japanese, for Korea it is Korean etc. It is the principal language spoken in that country.