The below eligibility criteria are for the 2018-2019 ISAC Program Year and are subject to change for each individual program.
The general eligibility criteria to apply for participation on the ISAC Program Year are determined by the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs (SAFEA), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China.
- Be a citizen of a country where English is the primary language, and with a good command of the English language skills including Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Be a maximum of 60 years of age
- Be mentally and physically healthy
Plus One of the Following:
- A TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate
- A teaching license/certificate of your home country explaining that you are a certified teacher
- Teaching experience including private tutoring experience for two years or more
- A degree that is related to English studies or education
- Have the ability and willingness to adapt to Chinese culture and life
- Have a desire to proactively maintain relations with China, even after completion of the Program
- Not have declined a position on the program after receiving notification of placement in the previous ISAC Program year (excluding cases where it’s accepted that the participant had a valid, inevitable reason for withdrawing)
- Be willing to obey Chinese laws and avoid being involved in any forms of political issues
Note: In the case of English-speaking countries (United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Ireland, South Africa, Singapore, Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago, etc.) the designated language is English, for France it is French, for Germany it is German, for China it is Chinese, for Japan it is Japanese, for Korea it is Korean, and for other non-English speaking countries, it is the principal language spoken in that country. However, there may be cases where English is required as well.