The below eligibility criteria are for the 2020-2021 ISAC Program. The criteria are in line with the updated work visa policy for Foreign Language Teachers approved by the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs (SAFEA).
1. Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
2. Be a maximum of 60 years of age
3. Be mentally and physically healthy;
If you are a native teacher, please make sure you have at least one of the following. If you are a non-native teacher, please make sure you have at least two of the following.
1. A TEFL/TESOL/CELTA or other language teaching certificate
2. A teaching license/certificate of your home country explaining that you are a certified teacher
3. Teaching experience excluding private tutoring experience for two years or more
4. A degree related to Linguistics, Language Studies or Education
1. Have the ability and willingness to adapt to Chinese culture and life
2. Willing to obey Chinese laws and avoid being involved in any forms of political issues
*Note: In the case of English-speaking countries (United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Ireland, South Africa, Singapore, Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago, etc.) the designated language is English, for France it is French, for Germany it is German, for China it is Chinese, for Japan it is Japanese, for Korea it is Korean etc. It is the principal language spoken in that country.