General requirement

The below eligibility criteria are for the 2019-2020 ISAC Program. The criteria are in line with the updated work visa policy for Foreign Language Teachers approved by the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs (SAFEA).

Eligibility Criteria:
1. Be a citizen of a country where that language is the primary language, and with a good command of the language language skills including Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing*

2. Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
3. Be a maximum of 60 years of age
4. Be mentally and physically healthy;

Plus One of the Following:
1. A TEFL/TESOL/CELTA or other language teaching certificate
A teaching license/certificate of your home country explaining that you are a certified teacher
Teaching experience excluding private tutoring experience for two years or more
A degree that is related to language studies or education

Other Criteria
1. Have the ability and willingness to adapt to Chinese culture and life
2. W
illing to obey Chinese laws and avoid being involved in any forms of political issues

*Note: In the case of English-speaking countries (United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Ireland, South Africa, Singapore, Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago, etc.) the designated language is English, for France it is French, for Germany it is German, for China it is Chinese, for Japan it is Japanese, for Korea it is Korean etc. It is the principal language spoken in that country. However, there may be cases where English is required as well.