I. About SYSU
Sun Yat-sen University (SYSU), founded by Dr. Sun Yat-sen, enjoys an educational tradition spanning over 100 years. Under the direct supervision of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China, and strongly supported by both the Ministry and Guangdong Province, SYSU has developed into a modern comprehensive university that enjoys a reputation as a top-tier university nationally and a renowned university internationally. The University is composed of five campuses in the three cities of Guangzhou, Zhuhai and Shenzhen, and ten affiliated hospitals.
SYSU has a wide range of disciplines with the postgraduate education covering all disciplines except for military science, becoming one of the higher education institutions affiliated to the Ministry of Education with the most comprehensive disciplines. Currently SYSU has 51 Doctoral Degree granting disciplines (first-level), 59 Masters’ Degree granting disciplines (first-level), four professional doctorate degree categories and 33 professional master degree categories. In the fourth China University Subject Rankings (CUSR), 14 disciplines in SYSU ranked Grade A.
SYSU is propelled forward by the continuous pursuit of academic innovation. Being equipped with a globally aware outlook, it has dedicated itself to being an institution that is “comprehensive, innovative, and open”. The University adheres to the socialist orientation of higher education, focusing on the fundamental task of nurturing virtue and talents. The goal of talent cultivation is to nurture students who have both ability and moral integrity, able to cultivate charisma and eager to serve their country. The basic guiding philosophy is to be oriented toward academic frontiers, oriented toward national major strategic needs, and oriented toward national and regional economic and social development. The coordinated development of five campuses in the three cities of Guangzhou, Zhuhai and Shenzhen will jointly support the development of the entire University. The University is pushing forward the transformation from external development to internal development, the transformation from routine development to active development, and has become a university with integrated development of arts, sciences, medical sciences, engineering, agricultural science and fine arts.
Now, standing at a new starting point, SYSU strives to enter both the national first-tier of universities and the ranks of world-class elite universities, building a first-class socialist university with Chinese characteristics. The University needs to recruit a group of high-level talents who adhere to righteous political ideology, support the leadership of the Communist Party of China, abide by the law, are dedicated, have a good academic background, maintain meticulous scholarship and academic integrity, have good academic capabilities, act ethically, and unite and help each other. The University provides the talents with a large number of development opportunities, a strong scientific research platform, high-quality working environment, and competitive salaries. We sincerely invite all talents at home and abroad to join us.
II. Job Openings and Description
1. Talents of the Hundred-Talent Program
(1) Leading Talents: Have engaged in significantly innovative research work with strategic development prospects and key common technologies; and have achieved remarkable results that are significantly innovative and have significant impacts. Have great influence in the domestic and international academic community; be a top-notch talent among his or her peers; be internationally and domestically well-versed in his/her field of study; or have made outstanding academic achievements in the field of humanities and social sciences; or have great international influence in the field of clinical medicine. Under the age of 50.
(2) Young and Middle-aged Eminent Talents: Have great potential in scientific research and technological innovation; engaged in research fields with significant innovation prospects; have made domestically and internationally recognized professional achievements; and have achieved scientific research results recognized domestically and internationally. Under the age of 43 in areas of humanities and social sciences; and under the age of 40 in areas of science and engineering.
(3) Core Young Academic Talents: Be good at innovative thinking; has competitively strong innovative ability and great development potentials; and has made high-level and innovative professional achievements. Under the age of 38 in areas of humanities and social sciences; and under the age of 35 in areas of science and engineering.
(4) Outstanding Young Talents: Well-educated in scientific researches; have active and innovative thinking and good development potential; obtained the highest degree no longer than three years ago; under the age of 35.
2. Professional Researchers
(1) Distinguished Researchers: Used to work as a postdoctoral researcher, lecturer or assistant professor in domestic and international institutions of higher learning and research institutes; have published a minimum of three outstanding academic works in principle; those who have made particularly significant achievements with less published works are also acceptable; those who have led or participated in projects at or above the provincial or ministerial level are preferred. Under the age of 38.
(2) Distinguished Research Associates: Have received rigorous academic trainings in domestic and international institutions of higher learning and research institutes; have great academic potentials; published a minimum of two outstanding academic works in principle; for those who have made particularly significant achievements, the number of their works could be reduced to one; under the age of 38.
(3) Postdoctors: Under the age of 35; obtained a PhD degree no longer than three years ago; and be an outstanding doctor with comparatively high academic level and strong research abilities at home and abroad.
III. Salary and Benefit
1. Salary and Benefit: The University provides generous salary, research start-up fee, talent allowance, and settlement allowance. Talents working in Zhuhai and Shenzhen campuses can enjoy subsidies of the local campuses.
2. Housing Support: Talents can apply for the university’s public rental housing. There are 1,200 new apartments in the Guangzhou campus; more than 1,000 new apartments in the Zhuhai campus; and 3,600 new talent indemnificatory apartments in the Shenzhen campus.
3. Quality Healthcare: There are 10 SYSU affiliated hospitals that provide high-level healthcare service.
4. Children Education: SYSU has constructed affiliated primary and secondary schools and kindergartens in Guangzhou, Zhuhai and Shenzhen campuses to provide high-quality elementary education for the children of faculty members.
5. Employee Wellbeing: Provides “sports time”; free use of sports facilities on campus; and annual health checkup. Meal subsidies are provided to talents working in Zhuhai and Shenzhen campuses.
Contact Person: Wu Siran, Li Zhiying
Tel: +86-20-84111781 +86-20-84112956
(*Please copy email@example.com so the recruiter knows you see the ad on ISACTeach.com)Related Articles