Teachers in the national program can get
- 6000 RMB relocation allowance
- Fully paid medical insurance
- Fully paid accommodation
- Daily meals at school cafeteria
- Fully paid vacation days + 2 month summer + 1 month winter vacation each academic year
Since the school cover your apartment, meals, insurance and commute fair, what you make is basically what you save at the end of the month.
Your pay will be calculated according to NTP salary guidance, and is based on your teaching experience and degree level. The contrubuting factors are
- TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate
- Bachelor’s degree in Education / major in Teaching, TESOL, Second Language Studies, or Education
- Teacher’s license
- Years of teaching experience
- Years of service with ISAC
ISAC-NTP teachers enjoy free health insurance, free accommodation, daily meals at school cafeteria(or meal allowance depending on your placement school) and fully paid natioanl holidays.
All NTP teachers enjoy free health insurance, free accommodation, daily meals at school cafeteria, fully paid vacation days and summer&winter vacation each academic year. The following is a break-down of all the benefits:
Accommodation is arranged at a school-owned/rented house/apartment/studio-type room specifically designated for teachers. It is within walking distance to campus. (Note that in some rare cases, your accommodation will be out of walking distance in which you will need to take a bus from and to work. If so, you will be given a monthly bus/metro pass card for your work day commute)
- Basic facilities include: a bed, a table and chairs, a wardrobe, a electric stove, a refrigerator, a washing machine, a microwave oven, and a TV set.
- Utilities is partially covered with a reimbursement limit, the cost over that limit will be paid by teacher
- Maintenance/Cleanning fees are not covered and are the responsibility of the teacher.
- Due to variations in housing costs in different regions of China, the size and location of the supplied housing can vary from school to school.
- If housing is unavailable, a monthly rent allowance of RMB 1,000 will be provided by your school, in lieu of free housing.
Year End Bonus
After the satisfactory completion of your contract year, you will be entitled a performance bonus of 6,000 RMB. This is fully paid after completion of your contract. You will need to meet the expectations and KPI standards set by the school and ISAC Office.
ISAC-NTP teachers are entitled to a vacation period of a total of fifty (50) working days during the Term of the Employment. including thirty five (35) working days during the summer break and fifteen (15) working days during the winter break respectively; You will also have 5 sick days off, plus all national holidays and Christmas off.
- There are a total of 13 national holidays in China
- School holidays vary between schools
- The winter break begins 2 weeks before the Chinese New Year, and ends about another two weeks after the Chinese New Year. Most teachers travel or visit their family during that time. You get fully paid during the winter break.
- The summer break begins on July 1st and ends on Aug 31st.
- At some ISAC schools, there will be some summer camps; there will be compensation for that part to add on top of your salary.
2018/ 2019 China Public Holiday Calendar
|Holiday Name||2018 Date||2018 Holiday|
|New Year's Day||Jan. 1||Dec. 30 2017 - Jan. 1 2018|
|Chinese New Year||Feb. 16||Feb. 15 - 21|
|Qingming Festival||Apr. 5||Apr. 5 - 7|
|Labour Day||May 1||Apr. 29 - May 1|
|Dragon Boat Festival||Jun. 18||Jun. 16 - 18|
|Mid-Autumn Day||Sep. 24||Sep. 22 - 24|
|National Day||Oct. 1||Oct. 1 - 7|
- Meal Allowance
There are some NTP schools which do not provide lunch/dinner dinning on campus. For teachers being placed to these schools, there will be meal allowance 25 RMB per day
- Base Salary
|Level||Requirements||Monthly Pay (thousand RMB)|
|Metropolitan Cities||Provincial Cities|
|Tier 1 city||Tier 2 city||Provincial major city||Other Provincial cities|
|5||A recommendation by the superintendent or school principal of a current school (public or private) where applicant has taught English (at the same school) for at least eight (8) full years +
After 1 year as a Level 4 with the renewing contract
|4||A recommendation by the superintendent or school principal of a current school (public or private) where applicant has taught English (at the same school) for at least 4 (four) full years + (Level 3 Requirements)
After 1 year as a Level 3 with the renewing contract
|3||5 year full-time teaching experience + (Level 2 Requirements)
Master's degree in Education, Linguistics, English Language
After 1 year as a Level 2 with the renewing contract
|2||2 year of full-time teaching experience + (Level 1 Requirements)
Bachelor's degree in Education, Linguistics, English Language
After 1 year as a Level 1 with the renewing contract
|1||Bachelor's degree + TEFL/TESOL/CELTA||12||12.5||13||13.5|
(Updated in Jul. 2019)
*If you have a Bachelor's degree in Education / major in Teaching, TESOL, Second Language Studies, or Education, you do not need a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA to match the level that requires it.
*Your Years of Experience should be submited together with the recommendation/reference letter from the superintendent or school principal of your serviced school.
- Tier 1 cities include Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen
- Tier 2 cities include Chengdu, Hangzhou, Wuhan, Tianjin, Nanjing, Chongqing, Xiamen, Zhengzhou, Fuzhou
- Tier 3 cities include Nanchang, Jiaxing, Kunming, Quanzhou, Guizhou, Changzhou, Haikou, Sanya
- Tier 4 cities include Zhuzhou, Huizhou, Ji'an, Hengyang, Liupanshui etc.