Website Zhejiang Financial College
Start Sept. 2020
|Street View||Panorama||Photos||Campus Life|
Introduction to Zhejiang Financial College
Zhejiang Financial College was established in 1975, which was formerly the national key vocational school – Zhejiang Bank School, affiliated to the People’s Bank of China. In 2006, ZFC was identified as one of the first key constructive colleges by the Ministries of Education and Finance. In June 2017, it was honored as one of the five key provincial vocational colleges by both Department of Education and Finance of Zhejiang Province.
ZFC is located nearby the beautiful Qiantang River and in the Hangzhou Xiasha Higher Education Zone. It covers an area of 612 acres and has 10,131 students and more than 500 faculty members. As a vocational college which is characterized by economy, finance and management, ZFC consists of 14 teaching units including School of Financial Management, Investment & Insurance, Accounting, Management, International Business, Information Technology (Internet Finance), etc. and opens 21 programmes including Financial Management, Insurance, Accounting, International Trade, International Finance, International Business, etc.
The role of a Foreign English teacher is to help our students speak English and improve English practical skills. Those responsibilities include preparing lessons and lesson material, teaching young adult students, holding counseling sessions, assisting colleagues, maintaining records, writing progress reports, etc. You will have 16 classes per week, each class for 45 minutes; extra hours will be counted as over time and be paid for RMB 100 per class hour. This includes extra class, online class video shooting, article review and other activities arranged by the international office. To specify,
1. The teacher’s base monthly salary corresponds to 16 basic teaching hours per week.
2. The teacher must cooperate with the college to complete the base teaching hours. Teachers must unconditionally follow the teaching schedule of no more than 20 lessons per week.
3. Teachers must cooperate with the college to complete all necessary non-teaching work, such as micro-lecture shooting, training class coaching, teacher coaching, competition coaching, reviewing manuscripts, etc. The work will be calculated at RMB 100.00 per class hour. Teachers must also participate in other tasks and activities arranged by the International Exchange Office. Conversion of the working hours is decided by the college.
Salary and Benefits
1. Base monthly salary: 8500 RMB/month. You will be paid from September 2020 to June 2021 for 10 months including a paid winter vacation for about 3-4 weeks. You will be paid for 11 months for the second year.
2. 2200 RMB travel allowance and 8000 RMB flight reimbursement.
1. Native English speakers, bachelor’s degree or above; master’s degree preferred
2. Under 60 years old, in good health condition. Have no criminal record.
3. Have at least 2 years of English teaching experience
4. 16 classes per week and one topic lecture per month, there is no office hours. You must attend faculty meetings and workshops if required.
5. Good communication skills.
6. Must respect China’s politics on religion, moral standards and customs
Foreign Faculty Size: 8
About The City – Hangzhou
Hangzhou is the provincial capital of Zhejiang Province, a strong economical province in China. It is the transportation hub, the political, economic, cultural and financial center of Zhejiang Province. The city is also an e-commerce center in China, and an internationally renowned tourist city. Hangzhou is located in the southeast coast of China, in the north of Zhejiang Province, in the lower reaches of the Qiantang River, at the southern end of the Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal. It has 10 districts, 1 county-level city and 2 counties. In 2018, the resident population is 9.806 million. Read More.
|Hangzhou City||City Panorama||Video|
*Due to COVID-19, we only consider teachers currently in China for this position
Recent Job List
- College of Mobile Telecommunications, Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications: Deutschlehrer, German Teacher (Spring 21)
- College of Mobile Telecommunications, Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications: English Teacher (Spring 21)
- Taizhou University: English Teacher (Spring 21)
- Nanjing Xiaozhuang University: Business English Teacher (Spring 21)
- Zhejiang University of Finance and Economics: Spanish Teacher (Fall 20)
- City College WUST: English Teacher (Fall 20)