Introduction to Xijing University
Situated in the university town in the south of Xi’an, one of ancient capitals in China, Xijing University is a non-governmental institution of higher learning that is qualified to conduct post-graduate education. In 2005, it developed into a university from a previous vocational college and was named “Xijing University”. In 2009, it was permitted to grant bachelor’s degree. In 2011, the university further obtained the qualification for carrying out post-graduate education on professional degree. Xijing University adheres to its motto featuring “integrity, health, erudition and ability”. Shouldering the responsibility of building up a university with its own mission, insight and wisdom, Xijing University is dedicated to cultivating outstanding graduates, inheriting civilization and sparing no effort to develop itself into a high-level university.
At present, Xijing University is faced with an unprecedented historic opportunity. By adhering to the Xijing Spirit characterized by “showing selfless devotion, serving the country and the people, challenging the limit and striving for excellence”, all the teachers and staff of the University are determined to carry out the following six tasks such as strategic upgrade, institutional innovation,connotation construction, resource integration, international cooperation and feature creation in order to fight for the Chinese Dream of realizing the great rejuvenation of the Chinese nation.
The role of a Foreign English teacher is to help our students speak English and improve English practical skills. Those responsibilities include preparing lessons and lesson material, teaching young adult students, holding counseling sessions, assisting colleagues, maintaining records, writing progress reports, etc. You will have about 16 classes per week, each class for 45 minutes; there is no office hours required for this position.
1. Native English speaker
2. Age under 60 according to the Chinese Work Visa Policy (Category B)
3. Have a degree of bachelor’s degree
4. Have at least two years of English teaching experience or TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate
1. Salary: RMB 8,000 – RMB 8,500/month, half paid winter and summer vacation
2. Free round trip flight after completion of one year contract
3. On campus accommodation provided for free
4. Health insurance provided
Location: 1 Xijing Rd, Xi’an, Shaanxi Province
About The City – Xi’an
Xi’an, which was called Chang’an in ancient times, is the capital city of China’s Shaanxi province and the largest designated central city in Northwest China. The total area of Xi’an is 10,752 square kilometers, and its population is 12 million. Xi’an is one of the three international metropolises and the 9th Regional Central City of China designated by China’s central government. It has earned the honorary titles of National Sanitary City, National Garden City, China City with Best Images, China City with Best International Images, and China’s Civilized City. Remarkably, it has been named China Happiest City seven years in a row.
|City Website||City Panorama||Photos|
Recent Job List
- Hunan Industry Polytechnic: English Teacher (Spring 21)
- Hunan Vocational Institute of Technology: English Teacher (Spring 21)
- Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics: English Teacher (Spring 21)
- Nanchang Institute of Technology: English Lecturer (Spring ’21)
- Nanchang Institute of Technology: Professeur de Francais / FLE Teacher (Spring ’21)
- Nanjing University of Finance and Economics Hongshan College: English Teacher (Spring ’21)