Website Xi'an Technological University
Start Sept. 2020
English Teacher Recruitment
Xi’an Technological University (XATU, website) was founded in 1955, which was a supporting project of 156 key building projects in National Plan I. XATU employs about 1800 full-time staff members, enrolled over 2000 doctorates and master degree candidates and 18,000 undergraduates on campus.
XATU has built over 14 teaching units, accounting for three primary subjects awarding Ph.D. and three postdoctoral research centers in ‘optics engineering’, ‘material science and its engineering’ and ‘machinery engineering’, 15 primary subjects awarding master degrees, 6 disciplines professional master degrees, 20 professional degree fields, and 54 disciplines for bachelor degrees. The fields of discipline cover about 8 items of technology, science, managing science, economics, law science, literature, instruction science, art science, etc.
Job Description and Benefits
The role of a Foreign English teacher is to help our students speak English and improve English practical skills. Those responsibilities include preparing lessons and lesson material, teaching young adult students, holding counseling sessions, assisting colleagues, maintaining records, writing progress reports, etc. You will have 288 classes per semester over 18-20 weeks, each class for 45 minutes;
Salary and Benefits
1. Monthly salary: 8,000 RMB (before tax)
2. 8,000 RMB flight reimbursement and 2,200 RMB travel allowance for one academic year
3. Accommodation provided on campus for free
4. Contract is from Sept. 2020 to end of Aug. 2021
5. Two months paid summer vacation and one month paid winter vacation
1. Native English speaker, bachelor’s degree or above
2. Under 60 years old, in good health
3. Must have at least 1 year of English teaching experience
Foreign Faculty Size: 6
About The City – Xi’an
Xi’an, which was called Chang’an in ancient times, is the capital city of China’s Shaanxi province and the largest designated central city in Northwest China. The total area of Xi’an is 10,752 square kilometers, and its population is 12 million. Xi’an is one of the three international metropolises and the 9th Regional Central City of China designated by China’s central government. It has earned the honorary titles of National Sanitary City, National Garden City, China City with Best Images, China City with Best International Images, and China’s Civilized City. Remarkably, it has been named China Happiest City seven years in a row.
You are expected to arrive at our university before Aug. 31st, 2020 for the Fall semester.
XATU and ISAC will guide you through the Work Visa Application process
Follow Us on Wechat
Recent Job List
- Zhejiang Financial College: English Lecturer (Fall ’21)
- Zhuhai College of Jilin University: English Teacher (IELTS)
- Wuxi Vocational Institute of Commerce: College English Teacher (Fall ’21)
- Zhejiang A&F University: English Teacher (Fall ’21)
- Dalian Jiaotong University: University English Teacher (Fall ’21)
- South China Business College of GDUFS: University ESL Teacher (Fall ’21)