Introduction to Taizhou University
Taizhou University (台州学院, website) is a public university in Taizhou, Zhejiang province. The university is managed by the People’s Government of Zhejiang Province and Taizhou City. In 1978, the university was built as Taizhou Teachers College. It trains teachers for public schools in Zhejiang province. In 1993 the university opened non-teaching majors. Now it has become a comprehensive university with majors including literature, science, engineering, management, law, education, history, medicine, and economics. Read More.
The role of a Foreign English teacher is to help our students speak English and improve English practical skills. Those responsibilities include preparing lessons and lesson material, teaching young adult students, holding counseling sessions, assisting colleagues, maintaining records, writing progress reports, etc. You will have no more than 16 classes per week, each class for 45 minutes; there is no office hours required for this position.
1. Full-time English teacher, mainly teaching oral English courses
2. Work in the School of Foreign Languages as foreign language teacher
3. No more than 16 classes per week, no office hours.
Salary and Benefits:
1. Base Salary: 8,000 RMB monthly salary. Fully paid winter vacation for 1 month. Fully paid summer vacation for 2 months if you get your contract renewed after 1 year.
2. 12,000 RMB flight allowance for one academic year. The university gives out 6,000 RMB to the teacher at the end of each semester.
3. 2,500 RMB vacation allowance. The university gives out 1,250 RMB to the teacher at the end of each semester.
4. 200 RMB monthly utilities stipend and 150 RMB monthly medicare allowance
5. Private, on-campus one-bedroom apartment with furniture.
6. Medical insurance covering the whole contract period
1. Native English speaker.
2. Bachelor’s degree or above.
3. At least 2 years of English teaching experience, or holding a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate. Note that an online certificate is not accepted.
4. Clean background, respectful to China’s culture and laws, passionate about teaching.
Foreign Faculty: Foreign Teachers Working Taizhou University
About The City – Taizhou
Taizhou is a prefecture-level city in Zhejiang Province. It is a regional city and a port city along the coast of Zhejiang Province. It is located in the central coastal area of Zhejiang Province west of the East China Sea. The city is famous for its fishery and air quality. It is one of the top 10 cities for air quality in the 2018 air quality report after Haikou, Zhuhai and before Kunming and Dalian. Taizhou is a coastal city, so it has abundant marine resources; people in Taizhou like seafood, especially fresh caught from the East China Sea. Read More.
Recent Job List
- Dalian Jiaotong University: University English Teacher (Fall ’21)
- Zhuhai College of Jilin University: University English Teacher (Fall ’21)
- Nanjing Xiaozhuang University: English Teacher for Education Majors (Fall ’21)
- Nanjing Xiaozhuang University: Business English Teacher (Fall ’21)
- Zhejiang Financial College: English Lecturer (Fall ’21)
- South China Business College: English Teacher (Fall ’21)