EAP Lecturer Recruitment
Hebei University of Technology (HEBUT) is a key university as well as one of the national universities under “Project 211”. Situated in Tianjin city, it is also an important co-construction university under the authority of Hebei Province, Tianjin City and China Ministry of Education. Since 2016, HEBUT has been qualified for entering the first-level universities in Hebei Province for the construction of Double First-rate (world-class university and best discipline).
HEBUT has 69 undergraduate programs, embracing a wide range of disciplines including engineering, science, economics, management, art and law. It is composed of 20 schools/departments, one physical-training teaching department and 2 teaching administrative schools. HEBUT owns 2577 qualified faculty members.
HEBUT is located in Tianjin. We also have a campus in Langfang city. HEBUT covers an area of more than 267 hectares with a construction group area of 870,000 square meters. In the 200-hectare Beichen campus, a 400,000-square-meter construction project has been completed and put into use where, at present, there are more than 21,000 full-time students, including 6,373 post-graduates. The City College which is sponsored by HEBUT has 16,000 students, with 16,000 more pursuing their vocational and bachelor’s degrees through adult education. The school teaching and research equipment is worth 372 million RMB, and there are 1.88 million books in the school library. Apart from that, well-equipped stadiums, dormitories and canteens facilitate student campus life.
With an open mind, HEBUT has been committed to international cooperation and attaches importance to the development, quality improvement and brand building of educational exchanges. It was qualified by a Chinese government project to award international student scholarships. At present, HEBUT has generated international exchange programs with universities in more than 60 countries and regions including France, the United States, Germany, Russia, Italy, Australia, Great Britain, Japan. Hongkong and Taiwan. Over 20 exchange programs are being carried out, which so far have received 500 international students for non-degree education and sent more than 800 students abroad. Read More.
Arizona College of Technology at Hebei University of Technology was co-founded by Hebei University of Technology (HEBUT) and The University of Arizona (UA) under the approval of China’s Ministry of Education. The college offers three undergraduate programs, including Applied Physics, Material Science and Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering.
The University of Arizona, founded in 1885, is a world-class research university and a member of “Public Ivies” in the United States. Hebei University of Technology, founded in 1903, is one of the pioneering universities to train industrial minds in China. HEBUT was listed in “Project 211” in 1996 and “First-Class Discipline Construction” in 2017, and its education quality ranks 51st among all the “Double First-Class” universities.
1. Institution: Hebei University of Technology
2. School: Arizona College of Technology
3. Department: English Language Centre
4. Position Title: Lecturer in EAP (English for Academic Purposes)
5. Location: Tianjin, China
6. Salary: 12000-18000 RMB/month before tax
7. Contract Type: Fixed-Term/2-year contract, renewable
8. PU letter is provided for teacher to enter China
Main Duties and responsibilities
1. To teach ESL classes with an EAP focus;
2. Teaching to a maximum of 25 academic hours per week, including classroom-based work, lectures, small group workshops, and 1-1 tutorials;
3. To plan, prepare and teach strong lessons for the classroom;
4. To select and sequence appropriate materials, resources and approaches according to the course type and learners;
5. To set, evaluate, and mark students’ course work, homework examinations and other assignments promptly, and to record marks on College systems as requested, in accordance with the College Assessment and Marking Policy and procedures;
6. To attend academic, departmental and College meetings when required;
7. Liaison and collaboration with the Head of College, members of the management team and academic staff.
1. Native speakers of English;
2. Master Degree or PhD with capabilities in EAP teaching;
3. Commitment to delivering high quality lessons;
4. Willingness to work flexibly to meet the needs of the program.
1. A language teaching qualification, e.g. Cambridge CELTA or equivalent;
2. Ideally 1-year full-time experience in teaching EAP/ESP/ESOL/EFL/ESL, especially in a higher education context;
3. Demonstrate good critical-thinking skills.
Citizenship and Visa Regulations
Employment at HEBUT is regulated by Chinese labor laws and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with respect to obtaining work permits and visas.
Documents to Submit
Applicants may send the following materials:
1. An updated CV/resume;
2. Copy of academic qualifications (highest level degree);
3. Teaching qualification certificates;
4. Passport scanned copy;
5. Two reference letters that shows ideally 2-year full-time teaching experience.
Foreign Faculty Size: 5
“Hebei University of Technology is a warm family”
Stephen from Massey University, New Zealand, repeatedly mentioned that his colleagues were humble and sincere. They provided a lot of help in work and life, and often invited them to make dumplings and dinner together. Just a few weeks ago, I also celebrated Amjed’s birthday together. He felt very warm at the University of Technology and even missed his colleagues and classmates when he returned to his hometown during the holidays. Read More.
About The City – Tianjin
Adjacent to the sea and rivers, Tianjin enjoys distinct geographical advantages. Tianjin is one of the first Chinese cities to come in contact with modern western civilizations. Tianjin is located on the west coast of the Pacific Ocean, in the convergence zone of the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei Urban Agglomeration and the Bohai-Rim Economic Circle. It is also the meeting point between the eastern Land Silk Road and the northern Maritime Silk Road in the Belt and Road Initiative.
Recent Job List
- Zhejiang Financial College: English Lecturer (Fall ’21)
- Zhuhai College of Jilin University: English Teacher (IELTS)
- Wuxi Vocational Institute of Commerce: College English Teacher (Fall ’21)
- Zhejiang A&F University: English Teacher (Fall ’21)
- Dalian Jiaotong University: University English Teacher (Fall ’21)
- South China Business College of GDUFS: University ESL Teacher (Fall ’21)