Hebei University of Science and Technology
Start Apr. 2020
Foreign Teacher Recruitment
Hebei University of Science and Technology (HEBUST) was founded in 1996 by incorporating former Hebei Institute of Chemical Technology and Light Industry, Hebei Institute of Mechano-Electric Engineering and Hebei Textile Staff & Workers University. Read More.
Job Description and Benefits
The role of a Foreign English teacher is to help our students speak English and improve English practical skills. Those responsibilities include preparing lessons and lesson material, teaching young adult students, holding counseling sessions, assisting colleagues, maintaining records, writing progress reports, etc. You will have 14 classes per week, each class for 45 minutes; there is no office hours required for this position.
1. Job Title: Oral English teacher
2. Average Class Size: 25
3. Class hours per week: Less than 14 teaching hours one week, about 16 teaching weeks each semester, 45 minutes each teaching hour.
4. Monthly Salary: 9, 000 CNY
5. Other benefits: Pick up at airport, reimbursement one round way air ticket. One year’s medical comprehensive insurance.
6. Contract period and dates: 6 months, or 12 months
7. Number of foreign English teachers on average: 18
8. Accommodation: Two-bedroom apartment, one living room, one kitchen, and one washroom. About 85 square meters in total including Washing machine, Internet connection, Television, Hot water supply, Winter heating, Air conditioning, Telephone, Microwave, Refrigerator.
1. Native Speaker with Bachelor’s degree (or above).
2. The highest degree certification that the applicant has achieved must be authenticated by the China’s embassy or consulate in the given country.
3. No criminal background (An official verification document issued by your local authority is required.), which must be authenticated by the China’s embassy or consulate in the given country as well.
4. Teacher Certification should be authenticated by the China’s embassy or consulate in the given country.
5. Being physical and psychological healthy
6. Native speakers. For those who have Education-related or Language -related Bachelor’s degree (or above), no teaching experience is required; for certified teachers, or TEFL holders whose Bachelor’s degree (or above) is not the Education-related or Language-related major degree, no teaching experience is required as well. If not, the applicant should have at least 2 years teaching experience, and provide the teaching-related experience certificate.
1. 1st interview with ISAC
2. 2nd interview with HBUST faculty which can only be done after the first day of school at the end of Feb. 2020.
Foreign Faculty Size: 8
Shijiazhuang City Video
About The City – Shijiazhuang
Shijiazhuang is the capital and largest city of North China’s Hebei Province. It is about 266 kilometers southwest of Beijing. It had a total population of 4 million. From Beijing, it takes 90 minutes to get to Shijiazhuang by high speed rail.
HEBUST and ISAC will guide you through the Work Visa Application process