Guilin University of Technology
Start Feb. 2020
Introduction to Guilin University of Technology
Guilin University of Technology is a university jointly built by the central and local governments and mainly managed by the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. The school originated from Guilin Geology School, which was established in Guangxi by the former Ministry of Heavy Industry in 1956. In 2009, it was renamed Guilin University of Technology.
There are 19 teaching units in the university, 75 undergraduate major, more than 34,000 full-time students, and more than 1,700 full-time teachers. There are two post-doctoral research stations, three first-level doctoral degree programs, 18 first-level master’s degree programs, and nine professional degree categories (including 11 majors in engineering), with excellent undergraduate qualifications. Graduates are exempt from the postgraduate requirements and are focusing on engineering.
English Teacher Job 2020/21
“The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.” – Confucius.
Your Chinese adventure can begin at Guilin University of Technology (GUT) to teach our bright and eager university students. Qualified teachers in the fields of arts, sciences and engineering are actively sought. Our semesters run from September to January and from February to July.
GUT is a state-run university and only the most capable of Chinese students are able to attend a public university. They have worked extremely hard to get where they are, and they cherish the opportunity to have foreign teachers. At GUT you can step into a rewarding and stimulating teaching and cultural experience. The teaching schedule allows enough free time for you to study Chinese, develop a hobby or go sight-seeing. The university is located in the historic city of Guilin on the banks of the Li Jiang River and in the midst of the world-famous mountains. It is an hour by bus to Yangshuo, the quaint and laid-back tourist destination.
1. Teaching hours: No more than 16 hours per week
2. Working language: English.
3. Salary: 8,000-10,000 RMB/month (or above, depends on professional qualifications and experiences).
4. Travel Allowance: 1,100 RMB per semester.
5. Accommodation: Fully furnished apartment, with air-conditioner, TV, and free internet access.
6. We invite your inquires about teaching positions at Guilin University of Technology.
Documents needed for application
1. Copy of the first page of your passport;
2. Resume; (Please state your full name, country of residence, Email address, home ?address and phone number with a description of your academic history and teaching experience);
3. The Copy of your Diploma;
4. Two Letters of Recommendation;
5. Health Record (within 6 months);
6. A Recent Photo;
Life on Campus
1. Life at GUT (Campus Scenery, Food, Activities etc.)
2. Living in Guangxi, Chinadaily: Guangxi
GUT and ISAC will guide you through the Work Visa Application process
Video: GLUT in 20s
Recent Job List
- Northeast Agricultural University: English Teacher (Fall 20)
- Liuzhou City Vocational College: Filipino Teacher for Gerontology (Fall 20)
- Liuzhou City Vocational College: Spanish Teacher (Fall 20)
- Chongqing Technology and Business University: English Teacher (Fall 20)
- Nanjing Agricultural University: English Teacher (Fall 20)
- Zibo Vocational Institute: French FLE Teacher (Fall 20)