About Dalian Jiaotong University
Dalian Jiaotong University (DJTU), located in the charming coastal city Dalian, was founded in 1956. It was formerly administrated by the Ministry of Railway, and in March 2000, it was put under the administration of Liaoning Provincial Government.
Up to now, the total number of full time students has reached 18,602, including 16,486 undergraduates, 941 postgraduates working for master’s degrees and 71 Ph.D. candidates. There are also nearly 3259 students enrolled in Independent Colleges and 6820 students in the adult education programs. In December 2001, Liaoning Province approved the establishment of Liaoning model software institute, which has become one major character of the school. According to the development requirement, DJTU also founded IEN International Institute under the Chinese-foreign joint efforts, Sino-Japanese Friendship Dalian Training Centre and the independent college of Information Engineering Institute. In addition, the State Council approved authorizing master’s degree of engineering, master’s degree of higher education teacher, Master’s degree in-service equivalent staff. Moreover, DJTU acts as the continuing education northeast training base of the Ministry of Railways and national software talents international training (Dalian) base. Read More.
English Teacher Recruitment
The role of a Foreign English teacher is to help our students speak English and improve English practical skills. Those responsibilities include preparing lessons and lesson material, teaching young adult students, holding counseling sessions, assisting colleagues, maintaining records, writing progress reports, etc. You will have a 14-16 classes per week, each class for 45 minutes; there is no office hours required for this position.
1. Native English speakers from the USA, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa or Ireland
2. No more than 60 years old
3. Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher
4. At least 2-year experiences of teaching or Corresponding Teaching Certificate
Salary and Benefits of Employment
1. Monthly Salary: 12,000 RMB/month on 16 teaching hours per week
2. Accommodation: a furnished apartment is provided for free
3. Medical Care: health insurance
4. Air Ticket: round-trip flight ticket from and to your home country is provided (after one-year contract).
5. Contract is from September to July or from March to January. You will get fully paid winter vacation for 4 weeks, and fully paid summer vacation for the month of July. You will also get 1,400 RMB extra for Chinese New Year during winter vacation.
You are required to commute to Lu Shun Campus for teaching undergraduate classes, about 2-3 times a week. School bus takes about 1 hour one way.
About The City – Dalian
Located on the east coast of Eurasia Continent, Dalian consists of 260 islands of different sizes. One of the nation’s 14 first coastal cities to open up to the outside world, Dalian serves as an important port in China. As an international center for airlines, logistics and regional finance in Northeast Asia, it is also northeast China’s largest port.
It is also among the “Best Tourist Cities in China” selected by the World Tourism Organization. In March 1999, the National Tourism Administration named Dalian “Capital of Romance”. Surrounding the city are prime spots to enjoy water sports, while every year it hosts various events such as the Sand Beach Cultural Festival, the International Fashion Festival and the International Beer Festival. With the Bohai Sea to the west and the Yellow Sea in the east, Dalian is neither too hot in summer nor too cold in winter. Dalian promotes tourism through the 3S: – sun, sand and sea in summer and springtime climate, sports and shopping in winter. More than 40 percent of the city is covered by greenery, the equivalent of 11.1 sq m for every resident. Dalian has been awarded many titles for its environment, including the China Residence Award and the National Environment Protection Model City. It was among the world’s top 500 cities with excellent environment listed by the United Nations.
To apply for this job please visit www.chinauniversityjobs.com.
Recent Job List
- Taizhou University: Russian Teacher
- China Teaching Jobs: K12 Teaching Jobs in China
- Guangxi University of Science and Technology: College English Teacher
- ISAC Teach in China Program: University Teaching Program (Spring and Fall 23)
- Zhejiang Dongfang Polytechnic: English Teacher
- China University Jobs: University Jobs in China