Website Chongqing Metropolitan College of Science and Technology
Chongqing Metropolitan College of Science and Technology is a full-time private undergraduate institution of higher education. The college was founded in 2005, and its predecessor was the School of Urban Science and Technology of Chongqing University. In December 2020, it was approved by the Ministry of Education to be established as Chongqing Metropolitan College of Science and Technology.
The school has two campuses, Yongchuan and Banan, located at the foot of the famous scenic spot of Tea Mountain and Bamboo Sea in Yongchuan and the vocational city of Banan District. There are currently over 36000 students on campus. The campus is surrounded by mountains and rivers, with lush flowers and trees, and a beautiful environment. It has been awarded the title of a garden style unit in Chongqing and is an ideal place for reading and learning. The school has complete educational and teaching equipment, and the library has abundant literature resources to meet the learning needs of all students in the school; All classrooms in the teaching building are equipped with complete sets of multimedia equipment and some smart classroom equipment. There are more than 120 professional laboratories in civil architecture, electrical information, mechanical design, economic management, media and art, humanities and social sciences, artificial intelligence and big data, and 8 engineering training centers, creating good conditions for cultivating applied talents.
To ensure the quality of talent cultivation, the school has a teaching supervision and evaluation committee consisting of renowned experts and professors from various disciplines at Chongqing University, which provides comprehensive guidance, supervision, and evaluation of major settings, curriculum arrangements, teaching processes, and teaching quality.
The school is guided by the needs of national and regional economic and social development, and continuously optimizes the layout of disciplines and majors. The school currently has 45 undergraduate enrollment majors, covering 7 disciplines including engineering, management, economics, literature, law, art, and education. It has formed a disciplinary and professional layout that meets the needs of the country, especially Chongqing’s economic and social development, with engineering and management as the main subjects, and coordinated development of multiple disciplines such as engineering, management, economics, literature, law, art, and education. We have established a mechanism for the construction of national, municipal, and school level first-class and characteristic specialties. There are currently 8 school level first-class specialty construction points, 5 Chongqing characteristic specialties in architecture, civil engineering, electrical engineering and its automation, engineering cost, and software engineering, and 4 city level “first-class specialty” construction points in civil engineering, engineering cost, electrical engineering and its automation, and software engineering; The three majors of Civil Engineering, Engineering Cost, Electrical Engineering and Automation have obtained the qualification to apply for the national “Double Ten Thousand Plan” professional construction site.
College of Humanities and Foreign Languages
The College of Humanities and Foreign Languages has a teaching staff with a reasonable age structure and excellent professional knowledge. There are currently 7 professors, 36 associate professors, 2 foreign teachers, 52 lecturers, and 9 teaching assistants. At the same time, foreign experts from countries such as the United Kingdom and the United States are employed as foreign teaching staff.
English teaching positions: 2 – 3
- Requirements: Bachelor degree + teaching experience (TEFL Cert. preferred)
- Contract Period: 1st Mar, 2024 – 15th Jan, 2025
- Salary: RMB 18,000 for teaching with 18-22 teaching hours per week; overtime pay RMB150 per teaching hour
- Age of Students: university students
- Paid Holidays: two days off per week; all public holidays in China; 80% monthly pay of Winter and Summer vacation
- Medical Insurance: Medical coverage paid by school.
- Accommodations: Offering a private free one-bedroom apartment with furniture, bedding, bathroom, kitchen. Television set, refrigerator, shower, stove and air-conditioning, internet access, a certain amount of free household electricity and water and internet usage.
- Travel Allowance: 2,200 RMB per school year
- International air ticket: On the Completion of the contract, the school will reimburse the Roundtrip airfare (the economic class)
- Closest Airport: The teacher will be picked up by the school on arrival and transported to the airport on departure.
- Working visa: Working permit notification will be provided to teachers. Teachers already in China will be assisted in switching over to the university.
To apply for this job please visit www.isacteach.com.