Start Sept. 2020
Bohai University Job Position
Bohai University (BU), which was established in February 1950, is a comprehensive university administered by Liaoning Province government. BU is in Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province, China. Jinzhou is a seaside city with long history and cultural tradition.
BU has established 17 sub-level colleges administering 46 programs for bachelor’s degree and programs for associate degree. BU owns 16 programs for Level-1 master’s degree, 71 programs for Level-2 master’s degree, and 6 programs for professional master’s degree, and such programs range from philosophy to economics, laws, education, humanities, history, science, engineering, management and arts. There are now more than 21,900 full-time postgraduates and full-time college students. At present, there are 1,200 professional teachers, among whom are 200 professors and nearly 500 doctor’s degree holders. Read More.
The role of a Foreign English teacher is to help our students speak English and improve English practical skills. Those responsibilities include preparing lessons and lesson material, teaching young adult students, holding counseling sessions, assisting colleagues, maintaining records, writing progress reports, etc. You will have a minimum of 8 classes per week, each class for 45 minutes; there is no office hours required for this position.
Salary and Benefits
1. Base Salary: (based on 8 teaching hours): 5,700 RMB for bachelor’s degree holder, 6,200 for master’s, and 6,700 for doctorate.
2. Extra Class Pay: 100 RMB/class. If you have 18 classes per week, 10 classes count as extra class, and you will make about 4000 RMB on top of your base salary. All the numbers are before tax.
3. 8200 RMB flight reimbursement after you stay 1 academic year or longer.
4. Free health insurance. Private, on-campus accommodation
5. Paid holidays within the contract period
6. 2400 RMB travel allowance (1200 each semester)
1. Bachelor degree or above
2. Native English speakers only
3. At least 2 years of English teaching experience or a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate
2. Under 55 years old
Bohai University is 40 minutes drive from the Jinzhou Airport. The airport connects to major cities including Shanghai, Guangzhou, Hangzhou etc, although there is no international flight routes at this airport.
“Bohai University is in Jinzhou, the northernmost seaport in China. Our campus is named as one of the ten most beautiful campuses in China. Jinzhou is a small sized city in northern China. It is peaceful, not much happening but full of natural scenes because it has both sea and mountains near the city. The campus is one of the nicest place you may find in the city where you will have access to the great nature. The salary will be good enough for you to live comfortably as the living cost is much lower than big cities. For the new coming year, our university welcomes teachers from all over the world to join the foreign teacher family and have a good time of year in Jinzhou, a friendly and peaceful city in northeastern China”
About The City – Jinzhou
Shenyang is the capital of Liaoning province, the economic, culture, transportation and business center of NE China. Shenyang is one of the first national historic and cultural cities, and boasts a proud history of 2,300 years. It owns intensive high-speed rail, highway and intercity railway network, and the largest railway marshalling station and air harbor of NE China. 87 world-top-500 enterprises including American General, German BMW and France Michelin Group have set up 152 enterprises in Shenyang. Shenyang is also the national civilized city, national environmental protection demonstration city, national forestry city and national garden city.
|City Website||City Panorama||Photos|
You are expected to arrive at our university before Aug. 31st, 2020 for the Fall semester, 2020.
ISAC and Bohai University will assist you through the Work Visa Application process
Recent Job List
- Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics: English Teacher (Fall 20)
- Qingdao Binhai University: English Teacher (Fall 20)
- Xi'an Technological University: English Teacher (Fall 20)
- Nanjing Institute of Technology: English Teacher (Fall 20)
- Qingdao Vocational and Technical College of Hotel Management: English Teacher (Fall 20)
- Hainan Tropical Ocean University: English Teacher (Fall 20)