Teach in China is definitely not a small thing, it could be one of the most life-changing decision you have made. However, that does not mean you need to pack a lot with you to China. With ISAC, you will be quite comfortably picked up by either us or your placement school staff. Since your placement school will provide you with a fully furnished apartment, you don’t really have to bring so much luggage like your pillow, duvet. Leave them home and you will find the ones in Chinese store with very reasonable price (think about it, many things in the Walmart are made in China). Besides, shopping online in China is so popular and convenient that your colleagues and friends you will make in China can get you many things you need. Here we would list only the things you really need to bring and help you travel light.
- Original passport with Chinese visa issued
- Color copies of your passport
- Some cash, about 100-200 Dollars would be good enough
- At least one credit card (VISA and Mastercard are commonly accepted by most Chinese merchants)
- Smartphone (very useful to get information on the go)
- Coat and sweater would be a good idea even if you live in the south(it can get cold in Jan and Feb)
- A good VPN, connect with friends on Facebook or Youtube
- If your foot size is larger than US11.5, get extra pair of shoes because you can hardly find your size
- Many say deodorant, but you can easily buy one in China(Online Shopping)
Here are the things we suggest you to take. Experience tells us that things like pillow, hairdryer or too much clothes are just not necessary. You can easily buy them with a reasonable price in China. However, take the ones the is essential to you, and don’t forget your passport, the most important document of all.