Harbin University Logo ESL Jobs
Introduction to Harbin University
Harbin University (website) is a comprehensive local general undergraduate college approved by the Ministry of Education. In 2000, it was formed by the merger of six schools including Harbin University and Harbin Teachers College. The school implements a school-running system in which the provinces and municipalities are jointly built and the city is the mainstay. Facing regional economic and social development, we are committed to cultivating high-quality, high-skilled applied talents.
The school is located in the ice city of Harbin, which is known as the “Oriental Little Paris”. It is located in the core area of the Haxi New District and is located in the academic district where Harbin universities are concentrated. The school covers an area of 650,000 square meters. The school district is scattered and distributed, with a combination of Chinese and Western styles and garden landscapes. The exquisite Eurasian architecture is full of exoticism; the sturdy pine forest exudes a quiet atmosphere and the perseverance of the northern Xinjiang; the summer’s fragrant fragrant, winter ice and snow, highlights the rich and unique North country style. The school was named “garden-style unit” by the Heilongjiang Provincial Government.
The school now has 12 secondary colleges and 46 undergraduate majors, covering 9 majors in economics, law, education, literature, history, science, engineering, management, and art. The primary education major is a national-level specialty construction point. The art design is a national-level professional comprehensive reform pilot project, and the software engineering discipline is a provincial-level key construction discipline. 12 provincial key professional, provincial key laboratories, provincial experimental teaching demonstration centers, and provincial research bases. In the past five years, the school has undertaken 318 national, provincial and municipal scientific research projects; and won 276 scientific research awards at various levels. In 2017, it was approved by the Heilongjiang Provincial Higher Education Masters Authorized Project Construction Unit and the Harbin Postdoctoral Entrepreneurship Practice Base.
The school has 653 full-time teachers, including 339 professors and associate professors, accounting for 52% of the total number of teachers; 522 teachers with doctoral and master’s degrees, accounting for 80% of the total number of teachers.
The school recruits students from 26 provinces across the country, with 11,373 full-time students. Since the establishment of the school, the school has trained more than 60,000 high-quality applied talents for the society. Graduates have made great contributions to their respective posts in education, science and technology, culture, and enterprises, and have played an active role in local economic construction and social development.
The school actively cooperates with “school-enterprise” and establishes cooperative relations with well-known enterprises such as HNA Group, ChinaSoft Group and Harbin Metro Group; cooperates with relevant government departments to build a theoretical research base for party style and clean government construction in Harbin, and studies on ethnic and religious work in Harbin. Training base, Heilongjiang Wetland Training Center, Harbin Wetland Research Institute and other scientific research institutions; cooperated with Harbin Nangang District Education Bureau to build a secondary school affiliated to Harbin College. The school insists on opening schools and has established friendly and cooperative relations with more than 10 universities including the United States, Russia, Britain, France, Japan, and South Korea, and has successively hosted 6 overseas winter camps for overseas Chinese youth.
School of Foreign Languages of Harbin University
Foreign Teacher Recruitment Notice
– Title: English Teacher
– Location: No.59 Mucai Street, XiangFang District, Harbin, under Heilongjiang Province
– Age: 20—60
– Duration of Contract: 1 year
– Subjects to teach: English
– Hours of Teaching Per Week: 16 hours per week in average; extra hours to be paid at RMB 100/hour
– Academic Qualification: Bachelor or above; ,tefl or TESOL certificate, or teaching certificate preferred
– Other Qualifications: an experienced language teacher, a native speaker, active and thought-provoking in teaching, patient with students.
Salary and Benefits
1. 8000 RMB per month at least if you hold the Master’s Degree,7000rmb per month BA degree。
2. Round-trip international Air Fare upon the successful completion of the contract of an academic year
3. Accommodation: free furniture accommodation with a bedroom, a living room, a kitchen, a bathroom, bedding items, a computer with access to net, a telephone, a refrigerator, microwave, washing machine, a television set, DVD player and air-conditioner etc.,and a subsidy of RMB 400 per month for electricity, free local calls.
4. Holiday: all the holidays for Chinese teachers, two days for Christmas, one day for his or her own national day
5. Insurance provided
Harbin University ESL Jobs
1. For other job openings, please follow ISAC Job Board.
2. For work visa, follow Work Visa Application process.
ISAC University Teaching Program